The sous vide (pronounced "soo-veed") technique, the secret of great chefs worldwide for decades, involves cooking food in vacuum-sealed pouches submerged in a precisely-controlled water bath held at a constant temperature.
The steps to sous vide cooking are simple: season and vacuum-seal your food, drop it into the SousVide Supreme at the desired temperature, and walk away. Unlike the hostile high temperatures of stovetop, oven, or grill, the SousVide Supreme gently and precisely cooks food to its perfect serving temperature and cannot overcook. Foolproof gourmet results with push-button simplicity.
Why SousVide Supreme:
- Hands-off, time-saving meal preparation. Just set it and walk away
- Easy and foolproof. Never overcook a meal again. Perfect results, every time.
- Gourmet taste. Capture the full, TRUE flavor of foods
- Saves you money. Tenderizes inexpensive cuts.
- Added nutritional value. Natural juices and nutrients are retained in the food-safe vacuum seal bag.
- Easy clean-up. No messy pots and pans. Just empty and wipe down the interior with a soft cloth.
- Energy-efficient operation. Uses energy equivalent to a 60W light bulb once at target temperature.
- Cool touch housing. Much safer than immersion circulators and the added insulation makes a much more energy efficient appliance.
SousVide Supreme features:
Holds 20 four ounce portionsSleek all-in-one design
Precise temperature control to 1 degree Fahrenheit (0.5 degrees Celsius)
Energy efficient engineering
Push button simplicity
Lid doubles as drip tray for pouch transport
Universal food pouch rack for easy positioning of cooking pouches
Counter worthy style in a small footprint (about the size of a bread maker)
SousVide Supreme Promo Package ships complete with:
- SousVide Supreme water oven, including:
- Stainless steel pouch rack to separate cooking bags
- Detachable power cord
- Insulated lid blanket
- Perforated bottom grill designed to generate thermal turbulence
- User Manual with cooking time/temperature charts and recipes
- Instructional DVD
- Sous Vide Vacuum Sealer (includes 12 vacuum seal bags)
- Pouches (1 box - quart and 1 box - gallon)
- Zip pouches (1 box - quart and 1 box - gallon)
- Easy Sous Vide cookbook
- All 5 cookbooks from our collection
Comparing the SousVide Supreme Demi with the SousVide Supreme: see more details here
|SousVide Supreme Demi||SousVide Supreme|
|Cooking capacity:||Approximately 12 four-ounce portions||Approximately 20 four-ounce portions|
|Exterior:||11.3"H,10.96"W,12.99"L||11.4”H, 11.4”W, 14.2”L|
|Interior:||6.5"H, 8.75"W, 11"L||6.75”H, 9.75”W, 12.5”L|
|Max Volume:||2.3 gallons/9 liters||3 gallons/11 liters|
Supreme Demi has a cooking capacity of between 60% and 80% of the SousVide Supreme.
In terms of dimensions, the SousVide Supreme is about the size of a bread machine, while the Demi has a countertop footprint the size of a Crock-Pot®.
The award-winning SousVide Supreme!Best in Category - Cooking Electrics, IHA Housewares Design Awards 2011
- Best of What's New 2010 - Popular Science
- Top 100 Perfect Gifts 2010 - Wired
- Top 10 of Everything 2010 - Time
Unlike the single point heating systems of immersion circulators, SousVide Supreme's patented design and precision temperature control technology ensures even temperatures without the need for a circulator motor. As heat rises from the edge-to-edge heating plate in the base, it creates highly efficient thermal convection which maintains consistent temperatures throughout the water bath without the need for agitation. The SousVide Supreme water oven also features cool touch housing with its double-wall insulated design, ensuring maximum heating efficiency and energy savings. Additional features include silent operation and a stainless steel lid that contains steam and helps prevent evaporation of water during cooking. SousVide Supreme water ovens also have no moving parts that can be hard to clean and require regular maintenance. Read more here.
To compare features between the different SousVide Supreme models, click here
SOUSVIDE SUPREME SPECIFICATIONS:
- Model SVS-10LS
- Holds 20 four ounce portions
- Water bath – single
- Total Volume 11.2 liters (2.96 gallons)
- Max Cooking Capacity 11.2 liters (2.96 gallons)
- 110-120 volt
- Display Digital LED
- Adjustable in increments of 1ºF (0.5ºC)
- Range 86ºF to 210ºF (30º to 99ºC)
- Precision 1ºF (0.5ºC)
| || || |
- Overall 11.4”/14.2”/11.4” (29cm/36cm/29cm)
- Bath 9.9”/12.6”/6.8” (25cm/32cm/17cm)
- Weight 13 lbs (5.9 kg)
- Displays to 1 minute resolution
- Settings variable 0 min to 99 hr
- Cycle end audible repeating beep